1. PLEASE NOTEThe academic program corresponding to the onsite mode of the Master's Degree in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations has both a theoretical and practical phase. Please see:
|Theoretical phase||51 ECTS credits||1st semester 2019-2020
2nd semester 2019-2020
1st semester 2020-2021
|Practical phase||9 ECTS credits||2nd semester 2020-2021|
2. THEORETICAL PHASE (51 credits).
MODULES. The theoretical phase of the Master's Degree in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations will take place during the 2019-2020 academic year and the first semester of the 2020-2021 academic year. Over the course of this phase the following modules and subjects will be covered in both the online and onsite learning mode:
See link for the online mode MODULES AND TEACHERS
3. ADVISORSIn addition to the contact made by students with the faculty for each module (something that is encouraged), each student will be assigned an advisor. During the course of their studies students will be able to work closely with their advisor who will be available at any time to help with queries or problems of an academic nature.
4. SCHEDULEThe schedule of onsite activities corresponding to the theoretical phase of studies will take place during the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years. The classes will take place every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting October 16, 2019. The final schedule will be sent to the student one month before classes begin.
5. PRACTICAL PHASE (9 ECTS credits).During the second year of study, students will need to complete the Practical Module (9 ECTS credits) which will consist of two parts:
Practical Component. To complete the Practical Component, the student may choose from the following four (4) options:
01 Onsite Project. Complete a practical project onsite at ISTRAD. This mode for the practical project must be done onsite and will take place between April and July 2021.
02 Offsite Project. Complete a practical project offsite. This mode for the practical project must be completed offsite and will take place between March and July 2021.
03 Internship. This mode consists of students completing an internship in a company assigned by the master's administration based in the city and country of the student’s choosing with a workload of about 225 hours. This internship must be completed onsite and will take place between January and September 2021.
04 Recognition of Work Activity. Prior accreditation will be required.
End of Master's Project To complete the End of Master's Project, the student may choose from the following two (2) options:
01 Academic Project. This mode is based on the student completing a final research project in any one of the topics taught during the master's degree. This mode for the practical project will be supervised by a research advisor (university research bodies) onsite at ISTRAD-Instituto Superior de Estudios Lingüísticos y Traducción, or offsite and will take place between December 2019 and July 2021.
02 Practical project report. This mode is based on completing an explanatory report detailing the activity that was chosen for the first part of this module (onsite project, offsite project, internship or recognition of work activity).