1. EXPERT DIPLOMA IN EASTERN LANGUAGES, CULTURES AND TRADE RELATIONS The Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations is offered by the Instituto Superior de Estudios Lingüísticos y Traducción (ISTRAD).
2. OBJECTIVES AND COURSE LOAD The main objective of the Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations is to offer university graduates training which allows them to specialize in the linguistic and cultural realities unique to Eastern Asian countries; specifically China, Japan and Korea. The course also aims to provide the economic and legal knowledge necessary to do business and consolidate trade relations with these countries.
The Expert Diploma is fundamentally of a practical nature and consists of 45 ECTS credits with each credit equivalent to 25 teaching hours.
3. LANGUAGES USED The working language for the Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations will be Spanish.
In any case, knowledge of Asian languages will not be required to complete the master's degree. Knowledge of at least two (2) of the following three (3) languages will be sufficient: Spanish, English and French.
4. DURATION AND MODALITY Studies will take place during the 2020-2021 academic year with classes beginning in October, 2020, and ending in June, 2021.
The Expert Diploma is an online learning programm; this modality will consist of the administration for the Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations sending materials specifically created by the faculty including the content for each subject.
5. DEDICATION FOR THE EXPERT DIPLOMA Studies will take place during a single academic year, 2020-2021.
6. COURSE STRUCTURE The Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations will have the following course structure:
M01 Cultural Reality
M02 Linguistic Panorama
M04 Globalization and Business Strategy
M05 Business Internationalization I
M06 Business Internationalization II
M07 Practical Module
7. TIMETABLE FOR STUDIES
|Theoretical phase||35 ECTS credits
Modules M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 and M06
|1st semester 2020-2021
1st semester 2020-2021
2nd semester 2020-2021
|Practical phase||10 ECTS credits
|2nd semester 2020-2021|
8. ORGANIZATION The Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations is organized by the following members:
Dña. Alba Fernández Lombardía (Istrad)
Academic Committee (in alphabetical order):
Dña. Marta Chapado Sánchez (Istrad)
D. Carlos de la Torre Oliva (Istrad)
Dña. Inés Franco Fernández (Istrad)
Dña. Rocío Márquez Garrido (Istrad)
Dra. Cristina Ramírez Delgado (Istrad)
9. FACULTY (in alphabetical order)
Dr. Álvarez Jurado, Manuela – Univ. de Córdoba
Mr. Arrés López, Antonio – International Trade Specialist
Ms. Belén León López, Ana – Gender and Equality Specialist
Ms. Cartier, Camille – ISTRAD
Ms. Castillo, Pilar – Univ. de Córdoba
Ms. Corte Navarro, Inmaculada de la - ISTRAD
Ms. Escudero Fernández, Cristina - Professional Translator
Dr. Estévez Saá, José Manuel - Head Professor, Univ. de A Coruña
Ms. Expósito Castro, Carmen – Univ. de Córdoba
Dr. Huertas Abril, Cristina – Univ. de Córdoba
Ms. Ibrahim Sánchez, Mouna - Univ. de Córdoba
Dr. López-Campos Bodineau, Rafael - Head Professor, Univ. de Sevilla
Mr. Martínez Zamorano, Antonio F. – International Trade Specialist
Ms. Mazoteras Martín, Sara – ISTRAD
Ms. Pereira Ares, Noemí – PDI de la Univ.de Santiago de Compostela
Ms. Pizzuti, Giulia – Univ. Pablo de Olavide
Ms. Policastro, Gisella - Professional Translator
Dr. Ramírez Delgado, Cristina - Univ. Pablo de Olavide – ISTRAD
Dr. Rodríguez Muñoz, María Luisa - Univ. de Córdoba
Mr. Rodríguez Rodríguez, Francisco - Univ. de Córdoba
10. DEADLINES FOR REGISTRATION AND ENROLLMENT PROCESS There will be three registration periods:
1st registration period: April 15 to May 10, 2020
2nd registration period: June 15 to July 10, 2020
3rd registration period: September 15 to October 10, 2020
Those interested in the course can send in their registration form during any one of the registration periods. Registration can be done online via the registration form available at www.mastraduoriental.com, or in person at the ISTRAD offices (Monday to Thursday between 9 am and 2 pm and from 4 pm to 6 pm and Friday from 9 am and 1 pm). Once the registration period is over, the students selected for the course will be notified of their admission via email and the necessary documentation for enrollment will be sent via email.
11. ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS In order to complete the enrollment process for the Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations it is necessary to:
Complete the pre-registration process within the period established and be accepted into the course, in accordance with the previous section.
Hold a university degree. Students with equivalent university degrees from foreign universities are at no disadvantage when applying for this Expert Diploma.
12. MODE OF STUDIES The Expert Diploma can be completed onsite or online:
13. ASSIGNING ADVISORS Once students have been accepted and have enrolled in the program, they will be assigned an academic advisor who they may turn to for any query or problem relating to their studies. Advisors can be contacted with any questions regarding their professional work including activities outside of the master's degree.
14. COURSE START DATE Classes for both onsite and online learning will begin on October 7, 2020 and continue for the duration of the academic year.
15. FINAL PHASE The final phase, with a total load equivalent to 10 ECTS, will consist of the development of a practical project among those proposed by the coordination. Each practical project has the objective of deepening one of the themes dealt with in the Expert by putting into practice the knowledge acquired. The development of this final phase will necessarily be at a distance.
16. ACCESS TO THE SPANISH SOCIETY OF MODERN LANGUAGES All Expert Diploma students will be offered the opportunity to become members of the Spanish Society of Modern Languages (SELM) (www.lenguasmodernas.com) as Professional Users. This will be free of charge for the duration of the two years of study until September 30, 2021. All Professional Users of this platform will receive, among others, the following benefits: 1) Weekly newsletter featuring approximately 70 job offers in the modern languages, translation and/or teaching sectors. 2) Monthly newsletter providing information on periodicals, news about the latest publications and conferences being held. 3) Access to an online forum where members and/or master's degree students can exchange their ideas. 4) Access to a customizable terminology database for both personal and shared use. 5) Access to a large number of electronic resources with over 4,000 links to glossaries and other areas ordered by language and subject. 6) Circulation of student’s CVs among a large number of translation agencies and teaching centers (approx. 1,200 centers).
17. INTRODUCTORY COURSE TO MANDARIN CHINESE: INTUITIVE AND PROGRESSIVE APPROACH During their studies, registered students will have the opportunity to participate in the course Introductory Course to Mandarin Chinese: intuitive and progressive approach.
If, once the scheduled deadline is reached, the student needs an extended period of time to complete the course, he or she may request an extension of six additional months provided that the student supplies justification and receives assessment from the Academic Committee.
18. AWARDING OF DEGREE Following the conclusion of studies, the Academic Committee of the Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations will personally award the following documents:
"Expert Diploma in Eastern Asian Languages, Cultures and Trade Relations" certificate issued by the Instituto Superior de Estudios Lingüísticos y Traducción with detailed information on the reverse side regarding the various modules studied.
Detailed transcript of records of the student's performance in each of the modules studied (both certificates and modules) with a description of the competences and skills acquired.
The protocol to issue this final documentation will begin once the final corrected assignment is received. Within 15 days, students will be contacted by ISTRAD administration to begin the process.
19. REGISTRATION FEES AND METHODS OF PAYMENT The total cost of the Expert Diploma is €930. This price can be paid all at once or in three installments distributed as follows:
|February 2021||310.00 euros|
|May 2021||310.00 euros|
20. EXTENDING STUDIES Those students who for work, professional or personal reasons require more than the planned two years to finish their studies may request an extension period. The fee for this extension period will correspond to one additional payment installment per additional semester that you require. In September 2021, we will contact all students that may need this year-long extension in order for them to complete the application by the end of September 2021.
21. REFUND POLICY If a banking or administrative error occurs when making a payment, either the initial payment or any of the following installments, students may request a refund at any time within the ten days following making the payment. The payment will then be refunded without the need for any additional paperwork.
22.CONSULTATION TIMES The consultation times for the two academic years of study will be Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm and 4 pm to 6 pm and Friday from 9 am to 1 pm onsite at the offices of ISTRAD. Both administrative and academic queries will be dealt with during this time. Students also have the following email addresses and telephone numbers available at any time:
Course Directors, Coordinators and Administration: email@example.com / (0034) 954 22 37 16
firstname.lastname@example.org / (0034) 954 22 37 16
Tutors: email@example.com / (0034) 954 61 98 04
23. INFORMATIVE BROCHURE In June 2020, the organization for the Expert Diploma will share these guidelines in an informational brochure and promotional poster.